HEPP'S Summertime Chicken Parmesan
This is a great alternative from the usually heavy chicken parmesan we are used to eating, plus it is quick and easy to make. The homemade tomato sauce is light and flavorful and the chicken is lightly seared and then baked, no frying here!! Instead of a handful of heavy pasta we added one of our favorite summer vegetables snap peas, you can substitute with your vegetable of choice. Pairing this dish with HEPP'S Black or White Truffle salt will enhance not just the flavor of the chicken but will also blend deliciously with the mozzarella cheese!!
- 3 chicken cutlets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed (skins removed)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 pounds sliced mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 bunch fresh arugula, washed and drained
- fresh snap peas
- HEPP'S Black or White Truffle Sea Salt for finishing
- HEPP'S Aussie Flake Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat 1/4 cup olive oil, add the onion, 1 garlic cloves, and cook until lightly browned then add the chicken, season with HEPP'S Aussie Flake Sea Salt and pepper. Sauté chicken on both sides until cooked through; then remove and set aside.
- In the same sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat, add the remaining garlic cloves, plum tomatoes, season with HEPP"S Aussie Flake Sea Salt and pepper, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place chicken in a baking pan, top with sliced mozzarella and half of the tomato sauce. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- While chicken is baking in another pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil add you choice of fresh vegetables, stirring on occasion until cooked. Over cooking will result in soggy vegetables.
- Top entire dish with HEPP'S Black or White Truffle Sea Salt once plated and ready to serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.