Stuffed Peppers are fun and easy to make, below is a basic recipe but you can add more or substitute if you want, some suggestions are ground beef, broccoli, cauliflower, onions ect. In this picture we topped ours with mozzarella cheese, so customize yours and have fun with it!
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- 1 Cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 Cup corn
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced Tomatoes
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts pieces (not whole, not crushed)
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Large pinch of HEPP'S Lemon and Lime Sea Salt each
Alternatives: Use HEPP'S Ghost Pepper Sea Salt to make it spicy or a HEPP'S Applewood smoked salt for sweet smokey flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a 9 X 13 backing sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cumin, garlic and onion powder, walnuts, and HEPP'S lemon and lime sea salt and ground pepper.
- Spoon the filling in each bell pepper cavity, place on baking sheet
- Bake until peppers are tender and filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes
Leave a comment