HEPP'S Pear And Sausage StuffingThanksgiving stuffing is a new challenge to my wife every year. Growing up, the stuffing at her house was usually green with sage over kill. So she has made it her mission every year to provide a delicious, and irresistible made from scratch stuffing. It turns into an all day activity and typically she makes way to much because she is sure people are going to love it so much they will come back for thirds and fourths. This year she was right!! Our guests LOVED this stuffing and my wife was happy because we had no left overs! If you want to impress your guests this year this stuffing is a must!! Here is how we did it. SERVES 8 INGREDIENTS:
- 1 loaf day old french bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 12 cups)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for baking dish
- 1 1/2 large sweet onions, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 5 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 12 to 14 ounces firm-ripe Bosc or Anjou pears (about 3), chopped (about 3 cups)
- HEPP'S Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisped, anywhere from 10 to 25 minutes. Let cool. In a 14-inch straight-sided skillet (or 2 large skillets), melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and pears. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and pears are softened and start to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Stir in rosemary and sage.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally and breaking into large crumbles, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Stir into vegetable mixture, then transfer to a large bowl. Add bread cubes and toss well. Drizzle stock over mixture, add eggs, and toss to combine well. Season with 2 teaspoons HEPP'S Applewood Smoked Sea Salt. Place in a 12 in baking pan ( line with tin foil) bake at 350 degrees until heated through and top is browned, 40 to 45 minutes. Season with additional HEPP'S Applewood Smoked Sea Salt to desired taste
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.