These were an experiment that turned out amazing. I'm not a huge fan of the traditional green bean cassarole so I thought what can I add to regular green beans to dress them up? Turns out blue cheese, bacon, and some red onions. It's quick easy and delicious.
- 1 lb Green Beans- washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 5 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- HEPP'S Black Lava Sea Salt
1. Cook bacon slices and set aside on paper towel to drain excess grease.
2. Place Green beans in a large sauce pan over medium - low heat , coat lightly in olive oil cook 8 - 10 minutes until bright green and tender, will need to toss frequently to cook evenly
3. While green beans are cooking cut cooled bacon slices into chunky bits.
4. Dice 1/4 red onion
5. Add bacon and onion to green beans, heat on high for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
6. Place on serving dish, top with crumbled blue cheese and HEPP'S Black Lava Sea Salt
Alternatives: HEPP'S Chipotle Sea Salt, or Cyprus Flake
Leave a comment