HEPP'S Matzo Ball SoupMany of you already have your favorite Matzo Ball Soup recipe, this is one that we personally enjoy. Either way dont forget to use HEPP'S Kosher sea salt when making yours. I suggest for this dish our HEPP'S Kosher flake read about it here- http://www.heppssalt.com/cooking-salts.html Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced, plus 1 small onion cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- HEPP'S kosher sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons seltzer water
- 1 whole chicken leg, split and skin removed (10 ounces)
- 1 celery stalk, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add minced onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons HEPP'S Kosher sea salt, and matzo meal. Add seltzer and cooled onion; stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine chicken, celery, carrot, and diced onion. Add broth and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook 30 minutes.
- With oiled hands, shape matzo mixture into 8 balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth; shred meat, and discard bones. Return broth to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add matzo balls; cover, and cook until expanded, 30 to 35 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken. Season with HEPP'S Himalayan sea salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.