I have never been a fan of the cranberry jello mold sitting on the table mixed in with the green bean casserole and sweet potato's. All my life I have avoided the stuff until now!! This year we used real cranberry's and added some of our HEPP'S Lemon sea salt and honestly they were delicious, they were the best I have every had. This year resist the canned cranberries and treat your guests to these.
- 1 12- ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons water
- HEPP'S Lemon Sea Salt
*Alternatives: if you want to forgo the flavored sea salt use HEPP'S himalayan Pink, Fleur de sel, or cyprus flake
- Empty a 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries into a saucepan and transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl.
- Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip lemon zest ,2 tablespoons water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries. ( the reserve cranberries are the best part because they pop and explode delicious juiciness)
- Add HEPP'S Lemon sea salt and to taste and cool to room temperature before serving.
To find these and more go to www.heppssalt.com
Leave a comment