HEPP'S GUACAMOLEWe saved the best for last... guacamole. I have been told that in Mexico the true authentic guacamole is just avocado mixed with a little lime juice and salt. This recipe is what is most commonly considered guacamole here in the states. You can choose which you would prefer to serve or do both and have a taste test. Either way this is a must have dish for any fiesta so you can't go wrong!!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced finely
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced finely
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- HEPP'S Lemon sea salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and diced finely
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit. Scoop out flesh of avocado and coarsely chop it. Add the diced onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic with a knife using strokes as if you were cutting start mixing and blending the ingredients together until you reach your desired consistency. If you like your guacamole on the spicy side add some diced jalapeno here.
- Add the lime juice, pepper, and HEPP'S Lemon sea salt to taste.
- Chill until serving. If not serving right away place saran wrap directly against the guacamole so that it does not oxidize and turn brown. Serve with tortilla chips
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.