HEPP'S Classic Roasted TurkeyMy wife and I started a tradition a few years ago hosting Thanksgiving for all of our friends in LA with no family near by. Each year we usually smoke a turkey, one year we smoked one and deep fried one but this was my first time ever traditionally roasting a Turkey. I used a few simple ingredients and basic techniques and this turkey was one of my best yet. INGREDIENTS:
- 1 12 lb turkey
- 2 lemons, halved
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups water
- white wine
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup HEPP'S Himalayan salt -fine grain
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder.
- melt 1 stick of butter
- Pinch of Himalayan Rub
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Mix all three together, amount of Himalayan salt rub can vary depending on taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Remove and clear out the cavity of the turkey and rinse well. Pat dry and place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Squeeze lemons inside Turkey cavity add a large pinch of HEPP'S Himalayan salt run. Stuff the cavity with lemon halves, rosemary and 2 onion quarters. Add the remaining onion, all of the giblets, and 4 cups of water, 1/4 cup white wine to the bottom of the pan for the base of the gravy.
- Season the skin of the turkey with the Himalayan Salt Rub. Put turkey in oven and roast until internal temperature is 165 degrees. About 3 1/2 -4 hours
- Baste turkey every 30 minutes
- Remove turkey and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.