HEPP'S Stuffed Eggs With Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers
March 29, 2013
It is impossible to get enough eggs on Easter Sunday. Whether they are hard boiled or scrambled they are every where you look. If you are looking for a new twist on the traditional " deviled eggs" these are a must!
Total time: 45 mins.
- 10 large eggs
- 2 ounce(s) smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) cucumber, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh dill, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- Ground Pepper
- HEPP'S Alderwood smoked sea salt.
Alternatives: HEPP'S Aussie Flake, or Red Cay mineral sea salt
- In 4-quart saucepan, place eggs and enough cold water to cover by at least 1 inch; heat to boiling on high. Immediately remove saucepan from heat and cover tightly; let stand 15 minutes. Pour off hot water, and run cold water over eggs to cool. Peel eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise in half. Gently remove yolks and place in medium bowl; with fork, break yolks into chunks. Reserve 1 tablespoon chopped salmon. To egg yolks, add mayonnaise, cucumber, 2 teaspoons chopped dill, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and remaining salmon; gently stir until combined. (Egg-yolk mixture and egg whites can be covered separately and refrigerated up to 24 hours.)
- Place egg whites on serving dish or in jelly-roll pan lined with paper towels (to prevent eggs from rolling). Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg-yolk mixture into each egg-white half. Top eggs with reserved chopped salmon and finish with HEPP'S Alderwood Smoked sea salt. Cover eggs and refrigerate up to 4 hours. Just before serving, garnish with dill sprigs.
Leave a comment
HEPP’S Stuffed Eggs With Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers | The Hood Kitchen Blog
March 23, 2015
[…] HEPP’S Stuffed Eggs With Smoked Salmon and Cucumbers From HEPP’S Salt Co. […]