HEPP'S Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
- 4 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes (preferably a mix of colors), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup best-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 baguettes, cut in half horizontally
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- HEPP'S Black Lava sea salt
- Preheat grill or broiler to high. Combine tomatoes, oil, and 1 teaspoon of pepper or to taste in a large bowl.
- Toast cut side of baguette halves on grill or under broiler 1 to 2 minutes. While still hot, lightly rub cut surface with garlic. Spoon tomato mixture over bread with a slotted spoon, then add onion. Tear basil into pieces, and scatter on top. Slice each baguette half into 3- or 4-inch-long pieces (about 12 slices per baguette).
- Finish with HEPP'S Black Lava sea salt. Sprinkle the salt to taste over the baguettes
Leave a comment