HEPP'S Healthy Oscar De La Polenta Fries
Lets face it, it's not just kids looking for french fries many adults enjoy them too. This recipe is a great alternative to make everyone a the dinner table happy. Just use your HEPP'S Pink Himalayan, Kosher flake, or Sel Gris Sea Salt
for added mineral content or Applewood, Hickory Smoked Sea Salt
for flavor. And dont forget those looking a kick add a little HEPP'S Hottest salt the Ghost Pepper salt
, or mix and match.
Makes about 60 fries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 qt (2 l) water
- 21⁄4 cups (1 lb/500 g) instant polenta
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup (2 oz/60 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- HEPP'S salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ketchup, homemade (below) or your favorite store-bought, for serving
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and slowly add the polenta while whisking constantly. Cook, continuing to whisk, until the polenta has thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the milk, Parmesan, butter, 1 tbsp salt, and 1⁄2 tsp pepper and stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly incorporated and the polenta is smooth.
- Pour the polenta into the center of the prepared baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula, spread it toward one end of the pan, pushing it into the corners and then to the edges, covering about two-thirds of the pan in an even layer. Spray a second piece of parchment with cooking spray and gently press the coated side onto the polenta to level and smooth the surface. Let cool at room temperature until set, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut the polenta into strips about 1⁄2 inch (12 mm) wide and 4 inches (10 cm) long. Using a spatula, transfer the strips to a clean rimmed baking sheet, spacing them about 1⁄2 inch (12 mm) apart. Spray the fries lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until the fries have developed a crust and the edges are golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then serve.
Leave a comment